EPL-1.5™ is a high-strength, self-leveling, semi-rigid polyurea elastomer. Due to its high tensile strength, tear strength, and tensile modulus, EPL-1.5™ is very resistant to deformation with over 400% elongation. This optimal balance of physical properties makes EPL- 1.5™ an ideal choice of polymers for filling or repairing construction joints, random cracks, joint faces, and spalls. EPL-1.5™ is formulated to be processed through a SPI Synergy Series proportioner such as the LPG™ or TI-13D™.
- 100% solids. No solvents. No VOCs.
- Extended tack time to allow deep surface penetration.
- Fast-set 1:1 ratio, return to service in less than one hour. Compliant with USDA/FDA requirements for incidental food contact.
- To fill or repair control joints, random cracks, and shallow spalls on horizontal concrete surfaces.
- Earthen containment lining used with or without geotextile fabric.
- Roof systems (metal, concrete wood, etc.)
- Protective elastomer for sprayed-in-place urethane foam.
- EPL-1.5™ can be spray-applied with or without broadcast aggregate to provide a durable resilient flooring system
EPL-1.5™ comes in SPI standard colors (Neutral, Medium Grey, Black, and Tan). Custom colors will be quoted upon request. It should be noted that EPL-1.5&trade is an aromatic polyurea; therefore; as with all aromatics color change and superficial oxidation will occur.
Aliphatic urethane, polyurea, and other suitable aliphatic topcoats can be used where long-term color stability and increased longevity in full sun exposure are of critical importance.