LMX-UB™ is an economical polymer that exhibits low tensile strength and very high elongation (>700%) while providing a tenacious bond to certain thermoset plastic surfaces. Adheres to many polymeric substrates, both new and aged, typically without the use of primers or extensive surface preparation. LMX-UB™ was stretched and relaxed at 30 pulls per minute, double the samples original length, more than 530,000 times before breaking. LMX-UB™ is excellent to bridge stress cracks in concrete and other substrates. It contains no tar, asphalt, or VOCs. It can be walked on in minutes and is usually back-filled in less than one hour.
- 100% solids. No solvents. No VOCs.
- Fast-set: handle within fifteen minutes or less.
- It can be built up to any thickness in one application.
- High dry temperature stability to 200° F (93 °C) with intermittent temperatures to 250° F (121 °C).
- High-elongation for crack bridging.
- Excellent encapsulation characteristics.
- New or existing sub-grade slabs, walls, etc.
- Rust encapsulation
- Encapsulation for asbestos, lead paint, or other dry hazardous materials (Consult SPI)
- Buried earthen containment lining used with geotextile fabric
- In between slab waterproofing
- Liner for ponds, lagoons, reservoirs, dikes, irrigation ditches, tunnels, barges, etc.
- Seamless roofing membrane
LMX-UB™ is available in SPI standard colors (Sand, Medium Grey, and Black). Custom colors will be quoted upon request. It should be noted that LMX-UB™ is an aromatic polyurea; therefore, as with all aromatics, color change, and superficial oxidation will occur.
Aliphatic urethane, polyurea, and other approved aliphatic topcoats can be used when long-term color stability and increased longevity in full sun exposure are of critical importance.