POLYSHIELD HT™ SL UB is a fast-set, high-performance, spray-applied, plural-component, pure polyurea elastomer.
This system is based on amine-terminated polyether resins, amine chain extenders and prepolymers. It provides a flexible, tough, resilient monolithic membrane with good water and chemical resistance.
Unlike most spray-applied polyureas, POLYSHIELD HT™ SL UB is available with SPI’s cutting-edge ULTRA BOND™ technology.
SPI’s advanced ULTRA BOND™ chemistry is coined “the duct tape molecule”.
ULTRA BOND™ has the unique advantage of adhering to most properly prepared organic and inorganic (new and aged) surfaces without requiring a primer. Like duct tape, POLYSHIELD HT™ SL UB with ULTRA BOND™ gains adhesion over time.
- 100% solids, no solvents, and zero VOC’s.
- Fast-set: handle in two minutes or less.
- Hydrophobic, and therefore affected very little by damp, cool surfaces during application.
- High dry temperature stability with a dry working temperature up to 250°F (121°C) with intermittent temperatures up to 300°F (148°C).
- High abrasion resistance.
- High elongation for crack bridging.
- Excellent encapsulation characteristics.
- Compliant with FDA/USDA for incidental food contact.
Coating for steel or other substrate exposed to corrosion.
Liner for concrete tanks, concrete floors, ponds, lagoons, reservoirs, dikes, tunnels, barges, etc.
Replace or repair failed existing sheet membrane liners.
Steel tanks, silos, and pipes.
Rock shield for pipelines.
Planter box liner.
Bridge deck waterproofing.
Encapsulation for EPS or other types of flotation materials.
Encapsulation for asbestos, lead paint, or other dry hazardous materials (Consult SPI).
Earthen containment used with or without geotextile.
Concrete parking decks.
Wood deck coating.
POLYSHIELD HT™ SL UB is available in SPI standard colors (Sand, Medium Grey, and Black).
Custom colors available upon request.
Note: POLYSHIELD HT™ SL UB is an aromatic polyurea; therefore, as with all aromatics color change and superficial oxidation will occur.
Aliphatic urethane and other suitable topcoats can be used where long-term color stability and increased longevity in full sun exposure are of critical importance.