POLYSHIELD HT-SLOW-FC™ is a state-of-the-art, high- performance, sprayed, plural-component, pure polyurea elastomer, that is compliant with FDA 21 CFR 175 300 (c)/ (d) high temperature, heat-sterilized, non-acid aqueous food contact. This system is based on amine-terminated polyether resins, amine chain extenders and prepolymers. It provides a flexible, tough, resilient monolithic membrane with water and chemical resistance.
- FDA compliant for incidental and direct food contact.
- 100% solids. No solvents. No VOCs.
- Fast-set: Handle in two minutes or less.
- Extended tack time to allow deep surface penetration.
- High dry temperature stability up to 250° F (121 °C) with intermittent temperatures up to 300° F (148 °C).
- High abrasion resistance.
- Coating for steel or other substrate exposed to food.
- Liner for concrete tanks, concrete floors, ponds, lagoons, reservoirs, dikes, irrigation ditches, tunnels, barges, etc.
- Replace or repair failed existing sheet membrane liners.
- Steel tanks, silos and pipes.
- Encapsulation for EPS or other types of flotation materials.
- Encapsulation for asbestos, lead paint or other dry hazardous materials (Consult SPI).
- Earthen containment used with or without geotextile.
- Concrete parking decks.
POLYSHIELD HT-SLOW-FC™ is available in SPI standard colors (Sand, Medium Grey, and Black). Custom colors are available upon request. It should be noted that POLYSHIELD HT-SLOW-FC™ is an aromatic polyurea; therefore, as with all aromatics, color change and superficial oxidation will occur.
Aliphatic urethane, polyurea, and other suitable aliphatic topcoats can be used where long-term color stability and increased longevity in full sun exposure are of critical importance.