PTU-AR™ is the newest product in the PTU chemistry group. This chemical resistant coating provides high-ductility, allowing it to move with expanding and contracting surfaces. PTU-AR™ can be sprayed to any thickness in one application and returned to service in a matter of hours. It is resistant to many acids, alkalines, and caustics in immersion service up to 200°F (93°C).
- A elastomer with chemical resistance. Comparable to many epoxies.
- Self-priming in most instances, with strong adhesion.
- Return to service within hours not days (foot traffic 1 hour; vehicle traffic 4 hours).
- Typically applied in a single ‘multi-pass’ application.
- Eco-friendly, 100% solids. No VOCs.
- Primary and secondary containment
- Steel and concrete tanks, and silos
- Barge and ship holds
- Waste water treatment facilities
- Chemical transportation
- Industrial flooring
- Pulp and paper industry
- Asbestos and lead encapsulation
PTU-AR™ is available in SPI standard colors. Custom colors will be quoted upon request. It should be noted that PTU-AR™ is an aromatic polyurea; therefore, as with all aromatics, color change and superficial oxidation will occur.