Last month we focused on Adalline 400, a coating product that provides quick-drying robust protection against hydrocarbon spills. In this post, we thought we’d turn our attention to another of the Adalline coating products, Adalline 600.
Adalline 600 is a chemical resistant spray applied polythiourea elastomer that represents a new generation of high performance polyurea coating.
The result of six years’ development and field-testing, the chemical resistant coating provides high ductility, allowing it to move with expanding and contracting surfaces.
Unlike most spray-applied polyureas, Adalline 600 is available with SPI’s cutting-edge Ultra Bond™ technology. Also known as the ‘duct tape molecule‘, Ultra Bond™ offers the unique advantage of adhering to most properly prepared organic and inorganic (new and aged) surfaces without a primer. Like duct tape, Adalline 600 with Ultra Bond™ gains adhesion over time.
Key features of this coating product:
- An elastomer with chemical resistance, comparable to many epoxies
- Self-priming in most instances with strong adhesion
- Can be sprayed in any thickness to one application and be returned to service in a matter of hours, not days (foot traffic – 1 hour and vehicle traffic – 4 hours)
- Typically applied in a single ‘multi-pass’ application
- Liquid components can be shipped non-hazardous by the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard (29 CFR 1910.1200)
- Eco-friendly, 100% solids and no VOCs
Adalline 600 can be sprayed over a broad range of ambient and substrate temperatures and is suitable for a wide range of uses, including: primary and secondary containment; steel tanks, concrete tanks and silos; barge and ship holds; oil and gas pipelines; water waste treatment facilities; chemical transportation; industrial flooring; the pulp and paper industry and asbestos and lead encapsulation.
For more information about Adalline 600 and our other coating products, call us on 01793 772 410 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.